Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Gary Gygax 1938 – 2008

His constitution was reduced to zero by disease. At least he left us before 4th Edition came out.

D&D introduced me to a lot of friends. It has been an important part of my life, even at times like now when I haven't been playing for a long time. My "poker games" have given me some of the best entertainment I've experienced, at it's all because of Gary Gygax. His name is like a shibboleth in certain circles, creating an understanding between people. I'm happy the game will live on, even though the Great Dungeon Master is gone from it.

Here's a better tribute than I could write.

A related picture: Baby DL has the nerdiest clothing.




This makes me want to have a baby just so I can put that shirt on it.

I'm working overnight tonight, so I need to get me some Brawndo.





It has electrolytes. They're what plants crave.

Your +5 Vorpal Sword leader

No comments: