Wednesday, May 02, 2007

There Is No Fucking You; There is Only Me (Plus, Wednesday Tapir Blogging)

No real content, except to piss off the Mark by linking to his notice about Postal Rates.

"He just didn't want to go to jail and decided he would outrun the police naked" I suppose Mark would prefer I not use that quote directly after mentioning him. Oh well.



The noble and majestic Tapir, taking his first steps toward greatness. (via Primordial Blog)

I would like to point out to Mark that I have been technically "blogging" since September of 2000. Although I have never been given this advice before today:
Want to become an A lister? Work on your style, develop relatively unique content, post dependably, write for your audience and not yourself, and suck up to the current A listers. In other words, turn your blog into a job, bust your ass, and yes, you will get somewhere, but only if you remember to brown nose a little. Because whether Atrios wants to admit it or not, he and Kos and the others do have the power to make or break blogs, and it would be nice if they'd admit that before unruly D-listers revolt.
Which is probably for the best. I'm writing this entire post to needle Mark and link to him as many times as I can, but also because I realize that despite my longevity as a blogger (even if no one knew that term when I started), I will never have more than an average 3 return readers a day. Which makes me happy. I will never be a deep blogger. I am the embodiment of snark, something I blame my father's family for. I am a true moderate, in that I don't have strong feelings towards most issues, and even the ones I care about don't effect me enough to make me work towards changing them. Also, I tend to disagree with the Left too much to be a true lefty. Of course, I just despise most of what the Right stands for, so that does me no good either.

The whole "Mitch is(n't) a great feminist" battle made me giggle. The best part was realizing that both sides have a different view of what feminism is. While I have some doubts that Mitch is as great a feminist as he claims, I also have trouble with this argument that claims that all of humanity is keeping women down. Amanda's argument is that women can't help but choose lower paying jobs, and it's all my fault. Luckily, I found a woman who should pretty much always make more in the business world than I ever will as a lowly civil servant. And if she wants to stay home to take care of a child, she can. If she doesn't, I'll beat her until she does.

Wow. That was a joke, everyone. I swear. And of course, just making that joke makes me a misogynist in the eyes of some. I'll live. And I'll never claim to be the most feminist person I know. (Which I can't claim, at least as long as I attend Drinking Liberally)

So where was I? Once again, the reason no one reads my blog - I haven't gotten to the point of anything in 3 years. Like today. My goal of linking to Norwegianity was met many times over, but I have no idea where I was going with that whole feminism thing. Because, as a human being, I don't have all of the answers. Maybe when I'm older.

Oh, I almost forgot this other picture:

(via Dr. Eldritch)

I was amused to no end by that. Don't ask me why.

I hope anyone who reads this was as thoroughly confused reading it as I have been writing it. I bid you a good night (or day, if you're one of the few people reading this who is not sitting in their basement late at night desperately seeking the will to live).

Your Not Norwegian Like This Guy leader.

P.S. I think this is my longest post ever, which is funny considering my opening caveat of "No real content" is still accurate.

3 comments:

beepbeepitsme said...

RE: "In other words, turn your blog into a job, bust your ass, and yes, you will get somewhere, but only if you remember to brown nose a little."

I have never made a "good brown noser". I am much better at being a pain in the arse rather than being one to kiss arse.

Being a pain in the arse might not be as appreciated, but it has an honesty about it that I prefer.

So, I go with what suits me.

Anonymous said...

Your longest post maybe, your best? definitely not!htt

DiscordianStooge said...

I would never make that claim. Nor could I about any post I've made. I do like the pictures, though.