Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Rumor Of My Demise ...

I've been quite uninspired to write as of late, but, you know, Vikings, NFC Championship, blah, blah, blah ...

I always ... I always ... I always love that one!

Now, I'm not one to pray. However, I am one to cheer for the Vikings and be heretical. So, by a narrow 2-1 margin, I bring you this:

Our Favre-ther who art in Mississippi, hallowed be thy name. Thy bowl will come, it will be won, in Miami as it is in the Dome. Give us this Sunday, our weekly win. Give us touchdown passes, but do not let others pass against us. Lead us not into frustration, but deliver us to the Super Bowl. For thine is, the MVP, the best of the NFC, and the glory of the Purple People Eaters now and forever. - Author Unknown (to me, anyway)

This is how it should be. My grandpa was a bus driver, so I get angry when they are threatened or accosted. Criminals think people will sit by and let them be assholes. Let's keep letting them know we're willing to fight to keep a civil society.

Cecil gets one wrong. To be fair, this article is from 1980, and technology has vastly improved since then. To save money (and energy), you should always turn the lights off when they are not needed.

Your We Still Hate the Push-off leader.





5 comments:

Bruce said...

For most of my life, I've been a devout Tarkentonian (except for a brief Kramerist period). Lately, my faith has been tested by exposure to Southern Bartism. Thank you for showing me the true path to enlightenment.

Bruce said...

Sorry about that. As a recent convert, I confused my sects. Bretism is obviously the only way to reach valhalla. Although they both have a rather cheesy history, Bart Starr was long ago proven to be a false prophet.

Anonymous said...

The story quotes "Max Sparber", who I assume is Max "bunny" Sparber; lefty blogger for Minnpost.

I conclude thus for two reasons:

1. There just can't be more than one "Max Sparber" in Minneapolis.

2. Although the story suggests bunny left the work to others, he jumped up to take the spotlight....typical lefty.

DiscordianStooge said...

I thought only "lefty moonbat scumbags" used the bus. Wouldn't the guys who did the work also be "typical lefties?"

Anonymous said...

Lots of solid, true-blue Americans are out of work these days, stool. Many Cadillacs are parked until the storm clouds pass in '12.

Public transit has no doubt seen a uptick in the quality of it's ridership....case in point.