Monday, September 10, 2007

We're Comin'! We're Comin'! Vikings 1-0

So that was interesting. A 24-3 victory over the hated Joey Harrington and the Falcons puts the Minnesota Vikings in a tie for first place with ... everyone but the Bears? What strangeness could this season hold, when the only team thought capable of winning in the lowly NFC North is the only team not to win on opening day? Sure, the Bears played San Diego, but I see this as a harbinger of things to come.

I was going to live-blog game 1, but I was stuck in the 8th row of the end-zone seats at Metrodome, so that was quite impossible. Maybe next week.

Anyway, Adrian Peterson was brilliant, and even T-Jack wasn't all that bad (his interception may not have been his fault, but the other two dropped interceptions were only because of the hapless Falcons defense). The vaunted Vikings defense did what they were supposed to, and I predict they will outscore the offense at least through the bye week.

I didn't make a pre-season prediction, but considering I had them beating Atlanta anyway, my season pick is 9-6. Maybe the playoffs, but I doubt it. T-Jack just isn't good enough yet. The Vikes may be exciting to watch, however, which is more than I have been able to say for the last few years.

Your Skoal, Vikings! leader.

1 comment:

Arias said...

All I can say is that the Falcons were who we thought they were. And that is why we took the goddamn field yesterday. Vikes go 8 - 8 this year. Next year we'll be comparing them to the '72 Dolphins.