Monday, September 08, 2008

To Leave You There By Yourself

The Affiliate is off to Munich for class. I am alone and the cat is mad at me. The chinchilla slept in his dust bath and refused to get out, even when I asked him nicely. I had to bribe him with a raisin. Nothing is going right, but luckily I have 4 days off this week to whip everyone into shape.

I went to my 10-Year High School Reunion on Saturday. The weird thing was, I didn't remember most of the people, but everyone knew me. I felt like Homer Simpson's description of celebrity: "People know your name, but you don't know theirs. It's great!"

I had fun and saw some people I hadn't seen in a long time, so I'm glad I went. I even got some prestige from declaring that my wife was in Munich, and since she wouldn't have had much fun had she been here, everything worked out for the best.

Spore came out this week. I'm not sure if I'm going to buy it yet, especially since the laptop is in Germany. Also, Mercenaries is out Tuesday, Rock Band 2 next week and Fallout 3 in mid-October. The game world is looking good for a while.

I'll probably be getting the band together again this week, so let me know if and when you're available.

Your "I Alone" leader.

8 comments:

MNObserver said...

What kind of band do you have? I don't see you as a country & western aficionado. Ska, maybe. Bagpipes? Peruvian pipes?

Anonymous said...

I'm free every night! Give me a holler on the home-phone!

-TK

Anonymous said...

Hi from Germany!

DiscordianStooge said...

It's a "Rock Band," as in we get together and play the video game of the same name.

I'm pretty lame.

MNObserver said...

Rock rocks.

I mean, some rock rocks. Some is lame, but you're too young to do what's really bad.

DiscordianStooge said...

Hey, I rock. In the immortal words of Jack Black, I rock hard, pasty abs, washer board style.

Tedj said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHnGWX0kYgc

Jacksonville Office Cleaning said...

Lovedd reading this thanks