Friday, June 01, 2007

Is That All You've Got?

I'm not a scientist. I also listen to right-wing nutjobs on the radio quite often. So when people like Jason Lewis make what sound like reasonable arguments about global warming or evolution, I say to myself, "That sounds reasonable, but it's coming from Jason Fucking Lewis, so I'm sure it's a myth." But I realize I can't rebut the arguments.

PZ Myers to the rescue! He put up a couple of links to answer the common assertions made by people who don't know what they're talking about. This is useful for anyone who doesn't have the time to read all of the scientific articles. Of course, it requires us to trust the scientific community, but when given a choice between scientists and radio talk-show hosts, I think you know who to go with.

An Index to Creationist Claims

How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic

Your It's Just Plain Science leader.

No comments: