Saturday, April 04, 2009

Officer Down

Three cops are dead in Pittsburgh. The shooter was reportedly afraid Obama was going to take his guns. Why would he possibly think that? His friends described him as "a young man who thought the Obama administration would ban guns." Wow. Usually they go with, "He was quiet. Seemed like a nice guy."

At least he wasn't able to kill himself like most of these cowards. Of course, he'll probably use the "Obama Derangement" defense and get off. Any conservative on the jury would vote to acquit a guy defending his guns, right?

4 comments:

Mitch Berg said...

DiscoStoo,

So we Civil Rights activists must make sure we don't say anything that can be tied to the unknowable future actions of a depraved mentally-ill person?

Is that really the precedent you want to set?

By the way - the piece of mine you link to is pretty obvious satire. I don't expect a lot of libs to get that, but you? Say it isn't so!

DiscordianStooge said...

So we Civil Rights activists must make sure we don't say anything that can be tied to the unknowable future actions of a depraved mentally-ill person?

Of course not. But who says he's mentally ill?

I figured you were joking. It was an exemplary link. I just worry about how many of the "ready for a revolution" types are really ready to open fire on the government storm troopers (i.e. the local PD).

I'd bet it's more than even you would expect.

Tedj said...

There is a guy around here who has a sign on his business which he keeps lit at night saying "I'll keep my money. I'll keep my guns. You can keep Obama."

I'll send you a pic later.

Anonymous said...

Mitch seems to be in a pretty defensive mood lately.

Wonder why.