Friday, October 13, 2006

We're Just Livin' This Way 'Cause We Know No Other

An unfortunate misunderstanding has left me stranded alone in McGregor, MN. It's just as well. I had planned on taking a week of vacation to come here to my folks place in January while they were on a cruise. That was before I got a new job, which leaves me unable to vacation this January. So I'll spend a night alone here in the cold. It's a really beautiful place, and I'm not at all bothered. Perhaps some links (and a glass of amaretto) will warm me up.

An as-of-yet unfinished documentry about The 101st Fighting Keyboards has surfaced. (via Fecke). If you know anything about the history of blogging, it's a must. Of course, if you're a member of the right-wing blog-o-sphere, you probably won't be amused.

Apparently Robert Anton Wilson, co-author of the Greatest Conspiricy Story Ever Told, is ill. Being the DiscordianStooge that I am, this vexes me. Being part Klingon, (on my mother's side) I say, "May he die well."

A literal war against drugs. (via Beckerman)

This is a break while I read more blogs so I can find stories to link to.

Nothing. OK, then, a video may be best for my drunken state.



I gave up on MadTV a long time ago. It was funny when it started, but quickly became a parody of itself, which is only funny if you've been on as long as Saturday Night Live (which unfortunately hasn't realized this). After seeing this, I'm thinking maybe I should try MadTV again.

Your Alone Up North leader.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Sopranos parody was sweet. I loved the last scene and the hot sex scene.

Check out this Battle of the Album Covers http://motionographer.com/media/battle_adbands-w.mov

Jeff Fecke said...

Live free or die. :P

The Old Stooge said...

I knre you'd get the reference, Jeff.